Sunday, November 05, 2006

Royal Winter Fair

Tara and I and Darren and Hannah spent the day at the Royal Winter Fair yesterday. We had lots of fun. It was a busy day:
  • Tara did some tack shopping and picked up another blanket, some saddle cream and a few other things
  • We all partook in the many and varied samples at the booths. Samples that stand out are some good soft cheese and some great cranberry salsa
  • We watched the afternoon show which consisted of
    • The Canadian Jumper finals
    • Tommy Turvy (rode around on two ponies standing up - kinda a one trick show)
    • The Iam super dogs (dogs that ran over dinky little jumps - last year was much much better when the dogs ran the same course that the horses did)
    • Two wheeled cart competition (Percheron)
    • Four wheeled cart competition (Road horses - Standarbred)
    • Wagon completions (Clydesdale)
    • Large Pony Hunter
After the fair, we had a fine dinner at Swiss Chalet and then browsed around Ikea for a bit. It was a good day.

My camera didn't work too well in the fair, but here are a few pictures to make you want to go


This is the view from the top of the arena - I love the colours in this picture


Man these horses can jump!


Ian Millar - not 3 rows down from us!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like it was a nice way to spend your day. It's been "so" long since I was at the Royal. In fact last time I was there I think it was with this cute "horse crazy" young lady...anyway, maybe next year I can talk Dave into taking me :) Have a great day...luv mom.