Thursday, June 21, 2007

Google Maps is good

Two quick notes about the wonderful Google Maps:

1. They just got new satellite pictures for the Kitchener-Waterloo area (plus more perhaps). The new photos zoom into the highest resolution possible. Since it's not too wise to give out too much personal info online I won't post a link to our house. But I will to our previous one :)

2. There is an awesome app called Gmaps Pedometer that uses Google Maps to track how long trips are. Perfect for runners, hikers or, like me, cyclists. I used it today to shave 500m off my bike into work. The app also as an elevation map so you can see how steep of a climb various parts of your trip will be.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

They've also finally added the changes to Erbsville Street, although Ira Needles Blvd doesn't quite exist yet in their satellite shots yet.