Thursday, May 24, 2007

Photographic inspiration

If you like old pictures, take a look at Shorpy - The 100 Year Old Photo Blog. It's a blog that compiles old pictures (not all are 100 years old). There is some truly stunning pictures posted; some are stunning because they show us how things were, some are stunning because of the technical picture quality, and some are stunning because of the artistic quality.

Some of my favorites:
Lady in the Water: 1947
Marcella and Elibia: 1943
Inter-city beauties: 1927
The Cincinnati Kid
The Banana Wagon: 1943
Broad Street: 1911

I hope some day I'll be able to take pictures of this quality. I've got a long way to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Richard: I find it facinating to be able to get a "glimpse" of the past in photos such as these. I enjoyed looking at them "again" because there wasn't any "new" stuff on your blog :) One might think you've been busy or away on holiday or something :) Have a great week...luv Linda