Thursday, April 24, 2008

A swing and a miss

I got a call from Black's Photography yesterday saying my camera was ready. It took only three weeks this time to get it back to me in the same condition it was when I sent it in. The Commander mode still isn't working which means I still can't use my new flash (see this, this and this for background).

So I'm headed back to Blacks tomorrow or Saturday to see what they can do for me. I'm not a pushy person, but this is getting ridiculous. I've never had to deal with a warranty issue before - any suggestions from you who have?

2 comments:

George said...

I've never had to deal with warranties (thankfully), but my advice is to stick to it until they fix your camera or provide you with a better alternative. That is the entire purpose of the warranty - to guarantee the product. I would see if Blacks will give you a loaner camera in the meantime.

Hopefully third time is a charm.

Tim Berezny said...

If you've got an extended warrenty, look for a "lemon" clause in it. Lots of extended warrenties have a "bring it in 3 times and it's get's replaced" clause.

-T