Horse show preparation for the non-rider involves heading out to the barn the afternoon before to pretty up the horse. The order of operations is:
- Brush the horse
- Wash the horse
- Dry the horse
- Re-brush the horse
- Braid the long hair of the horse
- Clip the whiskers off the horse
- Spray the horse with showsheen
- Paint the hoofs
- Blanket and stall the horse
- Pray that the horse doesn’t roll in its own manure before you get back to the barn in the morning.
The day of the event was overcast but the rain held off for the most part. Tara (and I) had a great time. King and Tara got two 5th places (walk/trot/cantor and hunter over X's) and a 1st place in walk/trot (her prize was a black bridle)! Results here.
Our good friends Darren and Hannah showed up for the last class Tara was in (X's). They had never seen a horse show before and I think they had a good time.
And now for some fun pictures…