Sunday, September 05, 2010

Busy month

August was a busy month.

August 1-3 was spent in Buffalo.

Hot and hazy was the name of the game
A week after that we headed down to Raleigh, North Carolina (Aug 10-15). This was for the second part of Tara's residency examinations (the practical part). We gave ourselves a couple of days to drive down and a day to adjust before the Friday exams. We are glad we did; the weather was very very hot. We're talking 38°C at 8:00 pm hot with a humidex in the mid 40s.We ate outside one evening; it was like being in a sauna.

We spent our adjusting day visiting with other optho residents and trying to chill out before the Friday exam. On Friday, Tara had her exam in the morning and then we drove up to York Pennsylvania to stay with one of Tara's good friends and fellow resident Mitzi.

The visit with Mitzi was really great. It was good for Tara to chat about the exams and get rid of some excess stress. Saturday evening we spent at Mitzi's parent's country club. It was pretty swanky; we took part in a wine tasting for Mitzi's upcoming nuptials. We tasted quite a number of great wines included a Heitz Cabernet Sauvignon, 2001 which was divine! It was back to Ontario on Sunday for us.

Tara was up in Caledon on Aug 16-18 learning how to do a surgical procedure involving the eye and anti-inflammatory implants. I don't really understand it all, but Tara had a good time.

Tara and her mom headed to Ireland Aug 19-28.This was a long awaited Mother-Daughter trip to the emerald isle. Tara had a great time. I was left at home to take care of the dog :). I got a few things done around the house, but not nearly as much as I had hoped.

A few days after Tara got back from Ireland, she put in a few days working at a vet clinic in Toronto (Aug 31-Sept 1). Time to start paying off the trip.

The plans for this long weekend were to head back down to York for a wedding. Unfortunately Tara had a rather abrupt meeting with the ground this past Thursday at the barn. Tara and Lego were jumping the cross-country jumps when Lego clipped one of them and stumbled. In his effort to right himself, he dislodged Tara and sent her flying. She hit the ground rather hard and an ambulance had to be called. Tara is sore, but doing OK. No bones were broken and nothing seems out of place. Her fall did cause the cancellation of our weekend plans.

So that was our August; a little too busy if you ask me. Oh, and in case you were wondering, we found out on Wednesday that Tara passed all her exams. No real surprise, but a welcome relief from the waiting.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I think your August was busier then our August. That is great news that Tara passed!