Sunday, December 03, 2006

Odds and ends

Nothing blog worthy recently - just a few snippets of thoughts.

I finished The Picture of Dorian Grey this week. It's a bit of a slow read and is both interesting and depressing. At the end I thought to myself it could be really well adapted as a movie. Sure enough, a quick jaunt over to IMDb shows that 14 movies made from the book. I may just track one of them down.

Talking about movies, Tara and I watched Akeelah and the Bee last night. It was a good movie - something that I would take kids to.

I tried the bread recipe a few posts down with half whole wheat. It didn't turn out - it was really dense and mostly unpleasant. I may have left it to rise a bit too long (20 hours). I am going to go back to the recipe and get that down pat before I start making variations.

We had cannelloni for dinner tonight - stuffed with mushrooms, ricotta and mozzarella and smothered in a nice marina sauce. Stuffed pasta is sooo good. And it really doesn't take all that much time to make (75 minutes, door to plate). We really should make it more often.

No comments: